Sunday, March 27, 2016



Bars and Pubs (Public Houses) in Cork


The Corner House



I declined a Karaoke night with my team. I really wanted to go, I swear, but I as I was leaving home, it started raining heavily, and I opted to stay in. Three minutes later I was in my pijama listening to some guy speaking on youtube about how depression is only a state of being distracted from life. I kind of agreed :) I was home alone and it was/is Easter, three Easters after my father's death. My good friend called unexpectedly and I met him in our usual weekly venue.
We listened to a non-star, super natural, talented band of four amazing Cork-born people. They played a lot of Tom Waits, and a lot of guitar and country style singers. My friend and I chatted away as usual and other people joined us smiling and talking, even members of the band joined us to talk. I was in a receptive night, but not really super shining, no make up or anything special.
By the end of the evening, a man came to us and talked to one of our newly met friends, looking me in the eyes, which I sort of avoided, but my ears were about to listen to one of the best compliments I've ever received:
"I've been watching you the whole night. I'm drunk to stones but I have to say something to you: You're a very beautiful woman. I can't do much for you anymore (age, alcohol, nothing to lose kind of risk-taker which can translate into a low self-esteem? :) ), but you are a very beautiful woman." Excluding all the whys my mind had to bring forth, this man knows how to surprise a woman with words. Which woman doesn't like it?
Music to my ears that will be memorable for years to come, thanks to this Irish romantically brave soul. So blessed!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home